Thursday, January 22, 2009
Walking Tour
Today was our group walking tour around Dublin. It basically traced all the major historical sites of the 1916 Easter Rising. The tour guide was offbeat and humorous, but truth be told I found myself a little distracted. A few of my fingers went numb and turned whiter than white despite wearing gloves. For a moment there everyone thought I might loose a few fingers from frostbite. We also went by my likely future place of employment on Pearse St, namely the European Institute for Women's Health, so now I won't have to go do a test run before my interview on Monday :) I also caught two men trying to steal Ingrina's purse in the General Post Office, so I acted like a dumb tourist and bumped into her a bit so they failed and left. Italy has made me paranoid with my purse, which has proved helpful. We then went to a pub with Caroline called The Celt. Cool place, I think we might go back some time. Marie made friends with the locals, who gave her a Sinn Fein newspaper (the IRA affiliated political party). Funny thing is her internship is actually working for the opposition party, Fianna Fail, but of course she didn't tell them that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment